After my last post about podcasts I added even more to my list. Some came from suggestions from other people, and some came from that thing a podcast host will sometimes do at the very end of the recording and say, “if you liked this podcast, you might also like __” (So, yes, podcast producers, those little plugs at the end are working.)
Here are even more podcasts:
- Mortified – This new podcast totally makes my Mondays. Adults read from their adolescent writings like journals and love letters. You cringe along with them and many times I have laughed out loud.
- Snap Judgement – Really good stories where you see things from another perspective.
- Stuff Mom Never Told You – Cristen and Caroline explore and explain all kinds of topics related to women
- StoryCorps – little snippets of stories told in the subject’s own voice
- Home of the Brave – Quirky stories from Scott Carrier, TAL contributor
- Savage Lovecast – Dan Savage starts with a rant and then answers callers’ questions about sex and relationships
If you don’t already listen to Radiolab, you should listen to the episode, Los Frikis. A fascinating look at a group of young people in Cuba who got into punk rock as communism tightened around them.
What are you listening to? I always want to hear about your favorite, new or new-to-me podcasts.